Pottery & Art Sale Registration
Artist Information for Spring Sale
Location: South County Art Association
Date: Saturday, May 29th, 9am - 3pm
Price: Half Table $20 | Full Table Option Pick 2 Half Tables
Registration Deadline: May 22, 2021
Participation in the Spring Art and Pottery sale is open to all SCAA members in good standing. You may register to sell at a half table or full table. It is $20 for a (shared) half table or $40 for a full table.
In order to hold this sale, the SCAA has agreed to comply with all state and municipal guidelines. The rain date is Sunday, May 31, 2021. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org. All original fine art is eligible, including paintings, drawings, pottery, photography, sculpture, woven textiles, collage, jewelry and handmade cards.
Because of Covid precautions, the SCAA must limit our space to staff, volunteers and shoppers. Artists may choose to leave after setting up their table and return only for their volunteer shift.
Things to Know:
- Each artist will volunteer for (1) two hour shift during the sale. Volunteers sign up on Signup.com - see link below. Volunteer assignments are set up (Friday), wrappers, pricers, runners, restockers (Saturday), and break down (Sunday).
- SCAA will provide tables and chairs for artists.
- Artists may choose between sharing a six foot table with another SCAA member for $20 or have their own table for $40. Please email email@example.com if you are sharing a table to provide us with your partner's name.
- SCAA retains 30% of all sales.
Table Set Up and Displays
- Tables will be assigned by staff.
- Drop off dates and directions will be emailed separately after registration.
- Artists provide displays and table coverings for their own table.
- Artists set up tables beginning at 7am leaving stock for volunteers to restock their table during the day. All inventory must be removed after 3pm on the day of the sale.
- All work must be individually marked with a price and your artist’s identification code printed on Avery stickers #5424, no $ signs. Tags with strings are allowed only with the removable stickers on them.
Artist Volunteer Assignments | Sign Up Here to Volunteer
- Friday: set-up tables from 3-5pm
- Runners: guide shoppers to wrapping, move things to hold table and return items to artists if not purchased.
- Pricers: place artist ‘initial’ stickers on sheets provided and write amount of purchases on sales slip given to shoppers. Shoppers give sales slip to cashier.
- Wrappers: wrap art and give to shopper (after they have their sale slip from Pricer)
- Restockers: check artist tables and put out new work for sale.
- Sunday: Break down tables from 3-5 pm
- All artists must wear masks during the sale and maintain six feet of social distance from one another and shoppers.
- SCAA will provide hand sanitizers for all artist tables.
- Signage for shoppers entering the sale area will say masks required (we will have extras) as well as six feet of social distance throughout the sale. There will be a sanitizing station at the entrance and exit.
Special note for windy conditions:
In the event of windy conditions, please prepare to anchor art securely to the table from blowing over or off your table.
- 2D art is best secured with a wall back drop that is clamped to the table and art clipped to the wall.
- Heavy easels/stands or easels/stands that can be weighted or clipped to the table also recommended.
- Tall and/or large pieces especially need to be anchored to the table.
- For pottery, whenever possible place a weighted object inside larger vases, it can be removed upon purchase.
- Plates/platters should be displayed flat during windy conditions.
- Other lightweight objects need to be weighted down or secured to the table.
- All table coverings need to be tucked securely under the table to prevent damage from tripping or getting the cloth caught in stroller or wheelchair wheels.