Wood Fire | October 8
Bring your bisqued work (in a cone 10+ clay body) and fire it in our backyard wood kiln! To participate, students will help prepare for the firing by cutting wood, grinding and washing shelves, and creating wadding; during the firing, shifts will be assigned to monitor the temperature and load the wood while overseen by a professional potter. The resulting work is always interesting, and varies based on position in the kiln and contact with the ash, which glazes the surface.
What to bring:
- Work must be bisqued and made from clay rated to at least cone 10 (SCAA members and students should use B-MIX or #900).
- Cone 10 studio glazes are included and should be applied prior to loading.
- To determine cubic inches, measure the height, width and depth of each piece and multiply the three dimensions. Do this for each piece and add the results together.
- $.08/cu.in. Member | $.09/cu.in. Non-Member
- $10 deposit will hold your spot, final cost is determined by what goes in kiln
Instructor: Jason Fong
October 8, 15, 22, 23
Glaze October 8 11am-1pm
Mandatory Work Day October 15 11am-4pm
Load October 22 10am-2pm
Fire October 23 9am
If this class is full, please fill out this form to add yourself to the waitlist.